Mastering Guillotine Concepts and Principles by Karel "Silver Fox" Pravec
Karel PravecProfessional Fighter
With nearly three decades of BJJ study under his belt, The Silver Fox is a world renowned Professor and highly influential figure in the BJJ community
- Explore multiple guillotine variations that will lend themselves perfectly to a variety of applications in MMA and self-defense
- Study both ends of the spectrum with ideas on offense, defense, and counters that will help anyone, regardless of rank, take their understanding of the guillotine to new heights
|Principles of the Guillotine Choke||1:48|
|Offensive Scenarios For Guillotines||11:14|
|Defensive Scenarios For Guillotines||20:26|
|Addendum to Defensive Guillotine||41:01|
|The Fox Guillotine (My Favorite)||0|
|Fox Guillotine (RNC Grip)||15:35|
|Counters to the guillotine||0|
|Countering Their Counter||21:04|
|Variations of the Guillotine Choke||0|
|Arm-In Guillotine Choke||14:32|
Master The Guillotine and Critical Head Control Concepts with HIghly Influential BJJ Instructor and Long Time Renzo Gracie Black Belt Karel “The Silver Fox” Pravec
Check Out The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
In Mastering Guillotine Concepts you'll receive some of the finest instruction in the world on the critical concepts of the guillotine from Karel “The Silver Fox” Pravec. An influential figure in the BJJ community, Pravec has been on the mats for decades, studying and refining his game as one of Renzo Graice’s first American students. With details and concepts developed over years of study and experience, Pravec will help you to funnel your training partners and opponents into dangerous guillotine scenarios as well as provide insight on defense and counters as well, to take your understanding of the guillotine to new levels!
Grip explanations, offensive scenarios, defensie scenarios, and even a section on Pravec’s very own “Fox Guillotine'' will make an appearance in the opening chapters of the instructional. Genius counters and more variations of the choke will close out the series on this highly specialized library of guillotine mastery!
There are few instructors in the world with Pravec’ roots and experience, making him a uniquely valuable resource when it comes to world class technique and guidance. Pravec will provide the perfect blueprints to understanding the principles of the guillotine and controlling the head in this one of a kind focused series dedicated to one of BJJ’s most important submissions!
Principles Of The Guillotine
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
Working Title: Mastering the Guillotine
- Seeking to submit or improve position
- Self-defense/MMA context (or Sub only) – aware of possible strikes
- Left or Right side (I stand Left so my Left Guillotine better)
- Offensive (head snap down, vs Seated & ½ Guard) & Defensive (against TD, hip heist, 5 finger against guard pass)
- Grips (Arm-In, No-Arm, others). Explanation and Pros & Cons
- Control (head & arm)
- Snap down
- Turtle (alternatives 🡪 Armbar 🡪 Backtake 🡪 CJ Spin Around 🡪 Peruvian Necktie/Anaconda)
- Guard Passing (seated, ½ guard). Confidence & ability to extract right leg
- Takedown Defense
- Hip heist from Guard
- 5 finger Guillotine vs guard pass, head leads
My Preference (“Fox Guillotine”):
I prefer No-Arm guillotine (BUT will take what opponent gives) due to:
- Body positioning next to opponent (easier to control & sweep and maintain shoulder forward)
- Can sweep (“cement mixer”) either side or switch to UDE GATAME (either side)
- Shallow = ease of entry
- I control both carotids !
Negatives are: - Easier to be countered with Von Flue
- Principles of the Guillotine Choke
- Grip Explanation
- Offensive Scenarios For Guillotines
- Defensive Scenarios For Guillotines
- Addendum to Defensive Guillotine
- The Fox Guillotine (My Favorite)
- Fox Guillotine (RNC Grip)
- Counters to the guillotine
- Countering Their Counter
- Variations of the Guillotine Choke
- Arm-In Guillotine Choke
- Closing Thoughts