Precise Half Guard Passing by Lucas Lepri
Lucas LepriProfessional Fighter
Develop surefire passing strategies against Z-guard, Knee Shield, Quarter Guard, and MORE!
- Learn innovative lapel grips that Lucas uses to make the Knee Cut Pass an effective tool to neutralize your opponent's Half Guard.
- Become hard-to-sweep with detailed strategies on how to stabilize from the top position, and how to counter attacks from the Half Guard.
- Shut down underhooks with Lepri’s backstep/crossface series!
- Use submissions like the baseball bat choke to force your way through the half guard and into fight finishing stranglehold!
|Chapter 1 - Introduction||0:00 - 0:25|
|Chapter 2 - Using the lapel cross face to knee cut||0:25 - 06:24|
|Chapter 3 - Countering the bridge finishing with bear hug choke||06:24 - 10:43|
|Chapter 4 - Finishing with cross/brabo choke||10:43 - 15:05|
|Chapter 5 - Using the baseball choke to pass and finish||15:05 - 21:23|
|Chapter 6 - Anticipating the coyote guard (knee inside)||21:23 - 25:54|
|Chapter 7 - Anticipating the coyote guard (knee outside)||25:54 - 30:48|
|Chapter 8 - Drag counter to the coyote guard when opponent gets to the knees||30:48|
|Chapter 1 - Countering the single leg half guard going to the crucifix or back take||0:00 - 06:11|
|Chapter 2 - Countering the single leg half guard going to the reverse triangle||06:11 - 13:23|
|Chapter 3 - Countering the single leg half guard controlling the hips||13:23 - 19:56|
|Chapter 4 - Passing the deep half guard grabbing the belt||19:56 - 23:58|
|Chapter 5 - Anticipating the deep half guard smashing the legs going to the knee cut||23:58 - 28:52|
|Chapter 6 - Countering the waiter sweep||28:52|
|Chapter 1 - Countering the waiter sweep (different angle)||0:00 - 01:58|
|Chapter 2 - Anticipating the deep half guard switching your base||01:58 - 09:03|
|Chapter 3 - Countering the single leg half guard controlling the hips||09:03 - 14:50|
|Chapter 4 - Z half guard back step pass||14:50 - 18:08|
|Chapter 5 - Passing deep half guard when your opponent hides the arm||18:08 - 22:10|
|Chapter 6 - World Championship 2007 Kneebar finish from deep half guard||22:10 - 26:23|
|Chapter 7 - Loop choke from deep half guard||26:23 - 29:34|
|Chapter 8 - Cross choke from deep half guard||29:34|
Lucas Lepri Teaches Precision In Every Pass To Defeat The Half Guard And It’s Numerous Variations!
Check Out The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
The Half Guard is a versatile and dangerous position that has been steadily improved upon for decades. This makes it a Go-To Guard for many Jiu-Jitsu practitioners. Shutting down the half guard can be difficult due to the sheer amount of possibilities and variations that you will encounter. Precise Half Guard Passing is a 3-part series dedicated to solving the endless problems that Half Guard Poses.
Lucas Lepri is an active Legend in the Jiu-Jitsu scene and with this series he looks to dedicate his expertise in defeating the Half Guard. Lucas breaks down his favorite and most effective strategies to shut down numerous variations of Half Guard including coyote half guard, z-guard, quarter guard, and more. On top of how to handle each position, he also shares his secrets on placing your opponent in the perfect position to shutdown ALL of their offense!
In the series you will learn a proactive approach to passing the half guard. Waiting around for your opponent to decide where to take the battle is a great way to get swept! Lucas looks to give you an advantage from the top position by controlling the action with innovative grips and a strong base. By maintaining this positional dominance you will be able to impose your passing game with a much higher success rate.
Precise Half Guard Passing also covers a wide range of counters for common attacks from the half guard. This is where Lucas teaches his backstep/cross face series that will immobilize and negate any offense your opponent can hope to generate. Strategies like this will help athletes of all levels successfully shutdown the Half Guard. Check out the complete technique list below!
Passing The Deep Half Guard Grabbing The Belt
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
- Using the lapel cross face to knee cut
- Countering the bridge finishing with bear hug choke
- Finishing with cross/brabo choke
- Using the baseball choke to pass and finish
- Anticipating the coyote guard (knee inside)
- Anticipating the coyote guard (knee outside)
- Drag counter to the coyote guard when opponent gets to the knees
- Countering the single leg half guard going to the crucifix or back take
- Countering the single leg half guard going to the reverse triangle
- Countering the single leg half guard controlling the hips
- Passing the deep half guard grabbing the belt
- Anticipating the deep half guard smashing the legs going to the knee cut
- Countering the waiter sweep
- Countering the waiter sweep (different angle)
- Anticipating the deep half guard switching your base
- Forcing reverse half guard to forearm cross face knee cut
- Z half guard back step pass
- Passing deep half guard when your opponent hides the arm
- World Championship 2007 Kneebar finish from deep half guard
- Loop choke from deep half guard
- Cross choke from deep half guard