Understanding The Distance On Top by Gui Mendes
- Use detailed instruction on far distance, medium distance, and near distance to understand guard passing on a more complete and conceptual level
- Gui Mendes is one of BJJ’s most respected black belts, with 4 world championships at black belt and tons of elite students at his academy Art Of Jiu-Jitsu
- Get real, useable lessons from Gui breaking down his own rolling, so he can narrate how he is implementing these movements and ideas
- Gui will show you not just moves, but systems with strategy behind them that connects everything into one unified game, with hours of footage
- Learn mobility drills that Gui has his competition students do so they are ready for fluid and technical guard passing and top work
- This series can help grapplers of all levels and styles connect positions and techniques with more focus, strategy, and efficiency than ever.
Digital Video + Flow Chart & Visual Notes
Watching our videos is the best way to learn, but it can be hard to remember everything. Deepen your understanding of the concepts in this video by adding flowcharts, plus notes with embedded videos. You’ll learn this system better and more quickly!
|The Concepts - Introduction||0|
|Using the Knowledge to Strategize||10:03|
|Concepts in Action - Sparring Analysis||0|
Master The Hidden Top Game Concepts Of Distance For Passing Connections And Combinations From One Of The Most Technical And Influential Black Belts Ever, 4-Time World Champion Gui Mendes
Check Out The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
In a first, BJJ Fanatics is proud to partner with the mendes brothers, specifically, Guilherme Mendes, one of the most successful black belt competitors and Brazilian jiu-jitsu instructors in the world. Now is your chance to learn from this technical master as Gui breaks down and connects how to use and understand distance on top for guard passing and top game offense.
Instead of just a collection of techniques, learn conceptually as Gui explains how you can exploit the weaknesses of each distance for the guard, keeping opponents uncomfortable as you start working through the guard with fluid and effective passing. With deep and detailed breakdowns on far, medium, and near distances, Gui shows you how each works and works together to bring your overall top game to a new level.
Included in this series is footage from competition and sparring, broken down by Gui so that you can see these ideas in action, as he is explaining them. Prepare your body and pick up the important movements behind the moves with Gui Mendes’s tips on mobility drills that can help you become a much more dynamic grappler as you attack the guard.
Gui Mendes is one of the most influential BJJ athletes and instructors ever, with a fluid and technical style that helped lead a new style of innovative and effective gi grappling. With four world championships at black belt, he now leads his next generation of gold medalist students at the Art of Jiu-Jitsu.