Single Leg X Beyond The Basics by Thomas Lisboa
Thomas LisboaProfessional Fighter
Enter Single Leg X with ease, Thomas teaches innovative methods that will have your opponent trapped in your Single Leg X Guard.
- Discover the finer details of maintaining Single Leg X so that your opponent cannot pass!
- Defeat even the best passers with grip and sweep modifications that always leave an option of attack.
- Use Lisboa’s SLX drills to fine tune your ability to enter into Single Leg X and immediately go on the attack.
- Force situations where your opponent must accept the sweep or get submitted!
|Chapter 1 - SLX Maintenance||0:00 - 05:33|
|Chapter 2 - SLX Vs. Heavy Knee||05:33 - 08:05|
|Chapter 3 - SLX Vs. Sleeve Grip||08:05 - 10:18|
|Chapter 4 - SLX Vs. Mount||10:18 - 12:48|
|Chapter 5 - SLX Vs. Mount Isolating The Hips||12:48 - 16:07|
|Chapter 6 - SLX Vs. Long Step||16:07 - 20:36|
|Chapter 7 - SLX To X Guard Vs. Leg Drag||20:36 - 23:57|
|Chapter 8 - SLX Vs. Knee Cut Pass||23:57 - 26:51|
|Chapter 9 - SLX Vs. Berimbolo||26:51|
|Chapter 1 - SLX Inside Foot Vs. Outside Foot||0:00 - 03:14|
|Chapter 2 - Coming Up From The SLX||03:14 - 06:56|
|Chapter 3 - SLX Drills I||06:56 - 08:27|
|Chapter 4 - SLX Drills II||08:27 - 10:08|
|Chapter 5 - SLX Drills III||10:08 - 11:47|
|Chapter 6 - Conclusion||11:47|
Make Single Leg X Your Go-To Guard With Thomas Lisboa Game Changing Details On Landing Sweeps And Securing Submissions!
Check Out The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
Single Leg X Beyond The Basics is a 4-part series dedicated to one of the most effective guards in all of Jiu-Jitsu, The Single Leg X! Thomas Lisboa is a multiple time world champion and black belt under the Legendary Fabio Gurgel, so it’s safe to say he knows a thing or two about dominating on the mat. This time around Thomas sets his sights on going Beyond The Basics with this versatile Guard that can take on even the BEST guard passers!
Single Leg X is easily one of the most versatile positions in the sport. You don’t need to be overly flexible or have an immense amount of strength to pull off techniques. Single Leg X Beyond The Basics starts off with teaching you one of most important skills with ANY guard, and that is securing the position! One of the key aspects that makes SLX such a dangerous guard is the sheer amount of entries available. Thomas teaches you how to enter Single Leg X from neutral positions such as open Guard, but also teaches you how to enter the position from terrible spots like the Mount!
Having the ability to continuously get into one of your strongest positions is a trademark of some of the best athletes in the sport. With Single Leg X Beyond The Basics, you will start to develop the ability to secure Single Leg X from EVERYWHERE! What's even better is that once you have secured the position there is an endless amount of offensive options including an ample amount of sweeps, submissions, and backtakes!
As an added bonus Thomas ends the instructional with a complete section dedicated to his FAVORITE drills for the Single Leg X! Here you will be able to smooth out any kinks you find in your technique by following Lisboa’s drills. Develop the ability to transition to other guards, and the ability to attack with lightning fast precision with Single Leg X Beyond The Basics, check out the technique list below!
SLX Vs Sleeve Grip
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
- Understanding The Single Leg X
- SLX Slide Tackle Entry
- SLX Entry Vs. Knee Cut Pass
- Butterfly Sweep To SLX Entry
- Butterfly Sweep To SLX Entry Variation
- Butterfly Double Under Hook To SLX
- Butterfly Double Under Hook To SLX Variation
- Pant-Collar Grip Set Up To SLX
- Cross-Sleeve Grip To SLX
- Cross-Sleeve Grip To SLX Vs. Combat Base
- SLX Entry From Z Guard
- SLX Entry From The De La Riva Guard
- SLX Entry From The De La Riva Guard Vs. Folder Pass
- SLX Entry From The De La Riva Guard Vs. Grip Fighting
- SLX From The Reverse De La Riva
- SLX Guard Pull From Standing
- SLX Sweep Grabbing The Pants
- SLX Sweep Grabbing The Far Sleeve
- SLX Hook Sweep Grabbing The Far Sleeve
- SLX Sweep Grabbing The Near Sleeve And Cross Collar
- SLX Sweep Grabbing The Near And The Far Sleeve
- SLX Modified Technical Stand Up Sweep
- SLX Technical Stand Up To Back Take
- SLX Bump Sweep
- SLX Sweep Pushing The Chest To Double Leg
- SLX Tripod Sweep
- SLX Scissor Sweep
- Straight Foot Lock From The SLX
- Toe Hold From The SLX
- Single Leg X Calf Lock
- Single Leg X Calf Lock To Back Take
- Inverted Armbar From SLX
- SLX Maintenance
- SLX Vs. Heavy Knee
- SLX Vs. Sleeve Grip
- SLX Vs. Mount
- SLX Vs. Mount Isolating The Hips
- SLX Vs. Long Step
- SLX To X Guard Vs. Leg Drag
- SLX Vs. Knee Cut Pass
- SLX Vs. Berimbolo
- SLX Inside Foot Vs. Outside Foot
- Coming Up From The SLX
- SLX Drills I
- SLX Drills II
- SLX Drills III