American Judo System: The Ouchi Gari Encyclopedia by Jimmy Pedro & Travis Stevens
Jimmy PedroProfessional Fighter
Discover a wide array of variations to the Ouchi Gari that transform this powerful technique into a foundational part of your game.
- Jimmy Pedro is the USA Judo head coach and one of the best judo instructors in the world.
- Use battle-tested setups that will leave your opponent defenseless.
- Seamlessly transition from Ouchi Gari to other techniques with Jimmy’s combination series that will have you covered from beginner to advanced.
- Learn grip variations and modifications that make Ouchi Gari easier than ever.
- Master gritty grip fighting details that will give you the advantage against the opposition.
|Introduction to Ouchi Gari. Intro to Ouchi Gari||0|
|Foundations. Shadow Movements. Introduction - Shadow Drills||1:36|
|Fundamental Leg & Foot Patterns||2:16|
|Fundamental Hip Position||6:55|
|Fundamental Head Position||9:06|
|Directional Pattern - Walking Forward||11:28|
|Directional Pattern - Walking Backward||14:19|
|Directional Pattern - Walking Sideways Part 1||17:12|
|Directional Pattern - Walking Sideways Part 2||19:38|
|FUJI Training Band Exercise||22:06|
|Floor Diagram Exercises. Introduction - Floor Diagram||27:18|
|Understanding Leg, Foot & Body Position||27:50|
|Fitting the Space Moving Forward||31:35|
|Fitting the Space Moving Sideways Part 1||34:40|
|Fitting the Space Moving Sideways Part 2||37:55|
|Appling All Concepts||40:36|
|Understanding Uchikomi. Introduction - Uchikomi||0|
|Uchikomi Moving Backward||5:20|
|Uchikomi Moving Sideways Part 1||8:17|
|Uchikomi Moving Sideways Part 2||11:57|
|Principles of Nage Komi. Introduction - Nage Komi||14:28|
|Nage Komi Moving Backward||18:56|
|Nage Komi Moving Sideways Part 1||22:09|
|Nage Komi Moving Sideways Part 2||25:13|
|Nage Komi on a Crash Pad||28:07|
|Nage Komi Wall Drill||31:12|
|Common Mistakes. Introduction - Common Mistakes||33:20|
|Common Mistakes with Hands||33:43|
|Common Mistakes with Feet||36:21|
|Common Mistakes with Body & Head Position||39:51|
|Intermediate. Simple Combinations. Introduction - Simple Combinations||0|
|Concept of Kouchi Gari to Ouchi Gari Combination||0:34|
|Application of Kouchi Gari to Ouchi Gari Combination||3:49|
|Concept of Osoto Gari to Ouchi Gari Combination||7:20|
|Application of Osoto Gari to Ouchi Gari Combination||10:10|
|Concept of Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi to Ouchi Gari Combination||13:12|
|Application of Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi to Ouchi Gari Combination||16:12|
|Simple Movements. Introduction - Simple Movements||20:22|
|Moving Your Partner Into Position for Ouchi Gari||20:44|
|One Step Ouchi Gari||23:25|
|Modified Grips. Introduction - Modified Grips||26:23|
|Power Grip Ouchi Gari||26:48|
|Off the Grip Ouchi Gari from Lapel vs. Tall Opponent||29:52|
|Off the Grip Ouchi Gari from Lapel vs. Short Opponent||35:34|
|Off the Grip Ouchi Gari from the Sleeve||38:43|
|Two on One Ouchi Gari||41:41|
|Advanced. Complex Combinations. Introduction - Complex Combinations||0|
|Ouchi Gari to Marote Seoi Nage Combination||0:43|
|Marote Seoi Nage Into Ouchi Gari Combination||2:56|
|Ouchi Gari to Tai Otoshi Combination||5:58|
|Tai Otoshi to Ouchi Gari Combination||8:11|
|Ouchi Gari to Harai Ogoshi Combination||10:41|
|Harai to Ouchi Gari Combination||12:59|
|Ouchi Gari to Osoto Gari Combination||16:13|
|Ouchi Gari to Knee Osoto Gari Combination||18:48|
|Ouchi Gari to Ashi Barai Combination||21:50|
|Ogoshi to Ouchi Gari Combination||24:10|
|Ouchi Gari to Uchimata Combination||26:18|
|Uchimata to Ouchi Gari Combination||28:58|
|Modified Grips & Finishes. Introduction - Modified Grips & Finishes||31:38|
|Ouchi Gari vs Extreme Opponent||32:01|
|Hopping Ouchi Gari||34:09|
|Low Ouchi Gari vs. Opposite-Sided Opponent||37:41|
|Concept of a Two on One Low Ouchi Gari||41:24|
|Application of Two on One Low Ouchi Gari vs. Opposite-Sided Opponent||45:21|
|Application of Two on One Low Ouchi Gari vs. Same Sided Opponent||49:30|
|Stance Change Ouchi Gari||52:55|
|Skills & Development Exercises. Introduction - Skills & Development||58:28|
|Hopping Drill with a Partner||58:52|
|Hopping Drill with a Standard Finish||1:00:32|
|Hopping Drill with the Modified Finish||1:02:38|
Learn A Complete Ippon Game Plan Based Around The Ouchi Gari, That Includes Variations On Grips, Setups, Kuzushi, And Unique Finishes From American Judo Legend Jimmy Pedro!
Check Out The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
The Ouchi Gari Encyclopedia is a 4-part series that is dedicated to the mastery of the Ouchi Gari. This classic technique has seen use at the very highest levels of international competition. The Ouchi Gari is a quick-hitting technique, and when done properly, requires very little strength. Timing, grips, and Kuzushi play a pivotal role in scoring with Ouchi Gari, and Thankfully for us Jimmy Pedro is here to lay out a COMPLETE game plan for The Ouchi Gari!
Jimmy Pedro is one of the most influential Judo practitioners in the United States. Not only has he coached top tier talent to the pinnacle of the sport, but Jimmy has also been there himself. As an athlete, Pedro earned TWO Bronze medals at the Olympics and secured Gold at the 1999 World Championships! This unique experience makes him the perfect person to uncover all of the winning details to pull off the Ouchi Gari, and using it to set up other attacks.
When we say “a complete game plan” that isn’t hyperbole. Jimmy takes you on a Judo Journey through ALL-THINGS Ouchi Gari. Each part of the series is broken down into sections that are easy-to-follow and implement into your current game. Build your Ouchi Gari from the ground up with Jimmy’s solo footwork drills that eventually lead up to working with a partner. Once you start to understand the proper body mechanics, Jimmy teaches his next-level Uchikomi Drills that will have your entries into Ouchi Gari silky smooth.
What people are saying:
You’re new DVDs are perfect!!! Love the detail, format, and instruction. I believe one the reasons Professor John Danaher is so popular is because of the details of his DVDs, yours and Travis Stevens new ones are amazing! Love the new detailed format."
The Ouchi Gari Encyclopedia breaks combination attacks into intermediate and advanced sections. Here Jimmy teaches you simple movements that will help even the most complex combinations. Regardless of your level, you will uncover key details that will have you transitioning seamlessly from Ouchi Gari to other scoring opportunities!
Uchi Mata To Ouchi Gari Combination
What Exactly Do You Get?
- Intro to Ouchi Gari
- Foundations. Shadow Movements. Introduction
- Shadow Drills
- Fundamental Leg & Foot Patterns
- Fundamental Hip Position
- Fundamental Head Position
- Directional Pattern
- Walking Forward
- Directional Pattern
- Walking Backward
- Directional Pattern
- Walking Sideways Part 1
- Directional Pattern
- Walking Sideways Part 2
- FUJI Training Band Exercise
- Floor Diagram Exercises. Introduction
- Floor Diagram
- Understanding Leg, Foot & Body Position
- Fitting the Space Moving Forward
- Fitting the Space Moving Sideways Part 1
- Fitting the Space Moving Sideways Part 2
- Applying All Concepts
- Understanding Uchikomi.
- Introduction - Uchikomi
- Uchikomi Moving Backward
- Uchikomi Moving Sideways Part 1
- Uchikomi Moving Sideways Part 2
- Principles of Nage Komi.
- Introduction - Nage Komi
- Nage Komi
- Nage Komi Moving Backward
- Nage Komi Moving Sideways Part 1
- Nage Komi Moving Sideways Part 2
- Nage Komi on a Crash Pad
- Nage Komi Wall Drill
- Common Mistakes.
- Introduction - Common Mistakes
- Common Mistakes with Hands
- Common Mistakes with Feet
- Common Mistakes with Body & Head Position
- Intermediate. Simple Combinations.
- Introduction - Simple Combinations
- Concept of Kouchi Gari to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Application of Kouchi Gari to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Concept of Osoto Gari to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Application of Osoto Gari to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Concept of Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Application of Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Simple Movements.
- Introduction - Simple Movements
- Moving Your Partner Into Position for Ouchi Gari
- One Step Ouchi Gari
- Modified Grips.
- Introduction - Modified Grips
- Power Grip Ouchi Gari
- Off the Grip Ouchi Gari from Lapel vs. Tall Opponent
- Off the Grip Ouchi Gari from Lapel vs. Short Opponent
- Off the Grip Ouchi Gari from the Sleeve
- Two on One Ouchi Gari
- Advanced. Complex Combinations.
- Introduction - Complex Combinations
- Ouchi Gari to Marote Seoi Nage Combination
- Marote Seoi Nage Into Ouchi Gari Combination
- Ouchi Gari to Tai Otoshi Combination
- Tai Otoshi to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Ouchi Gari to Harai Ogoshi Combination
- Harai to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Ouchi Gari to Osoto Gari Combination
- Ouchi Gari to Knee Osoto Gari Combination
- Ouchi Gari to Ashi Barai Combination
- Ogoshi to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Ouchi Gari to Uchimata Combination
- Uchimata to Ouchi Gari Combination
- Modified Grips & Finishes.
- Introduction - Modified Grips & Finishes
- Ouchi Gari vs Extreme Opponent
- Hopping Ouchi Gari
- Low Ouchi Gari vs. Opposite-Sided Opponent
- Concept of a Two on One Low Ouchi Gari
- Application of Two on One Low Ouchi Gari vs. Opposite-Sided Opponent
- Application of Two on One Low Ouchi Gari vs. Same Sided Opponent Stance Change Ouchi Gari
- Skills & Development Exercises.
- Introduction - Skills & Development
- Hopping Drill with a Partner
- Hopping Drill with a Standard Finish
- Hopping Drill with the Modified Finish
Two On One Ouchi Gari