Defense Made Easy by Ed Ruth
Ed RuthProfessional Fighter
3-time NCAA Champ Ed Ruth Is Back Again To Show The Wrestling Defenses That Will Leave Your Opponents Out Of Ideas!
- Defend the most effective takedowns in wrestling with Ed Ruth’s help. Shut down chain wrestling with creative counter wrestling and re-attacks.
- Use insider tips that Ruth crafted during his time at Penn State, and further honed as an MMA standout.
- Dominate the mat by using Ed’s battle-tested defensive techniques to take on the best takedowns in the game.
- Even tough positions like rear standing become defendable with Ruth’s reversals.
- Use effective drills and battle test techniques to become even HARDER to take down!
|Defensive Intro and Defending Single and High Crotch - Intro||0|
|Introduction to Defense From Space||0:40|
|Head Blocking to Knee Sprawl||2:21|
|Head Inside Single Baseline Defense||4:06|
|Head Outside Single - Switch Head Inside||7:12|
|Defending High Crotch - Crotch Lock Roll||9:46|
|Defending High Crotch - Beat the Shoulder||14:19|
|Crackdown Defense - Scoot the Corner||17:11|
|Crackdown Defense - Cradle||22:25|
|Defending High Crotch to Re-Attack||28:10|
|Defending Head Inside Single to Re-Attack||31:49|
|Defending Single Leg in the Air - Lift Elbows/Foot to Ground||34:29|
|Defending Single Leg in the Air - Ankle Pick||38:37|
|Defending Single Leg in the Air - Arm Drag||43:29|
|Defending Low Single - Fall Off and Kick the Armpit||49:30|
|Defending Low Single - Step Over||52:20|
|Defending Low Single - Trap the Head Cradle||55:13|
|Defending Single Leg When Man Comes out the Back||57:40|
|Double Leg Defense - Baseline Defense||0|
|Jump Over the Top||2:51|
|Body Lock Roll Through||5:36|
|Defending the Rear Standing Position - Control the Hands, Break the Lock||0|
|Lace the Leg, Break the Lock||2:54|
|Step Behind Peterson||9:35|
|Bonus: Double Leg - Cartwheel Drill||13:09|
3-Time NCAA Champ Ed Ruth Is Back Again To Show The Wrestling Defenses That Will Leave Your Opponents Out Of Ideas!
What Will You Learn?
Fighting off one takedown is great but the reality is you might have to keep on doing it! Efficiency is key. Defense Made Easy is a 3-part series dedicated to making every defensive move as easy as possible. Ruth teaches you how to conserve energy and escape at the perfect moment. This keeps you in the fight for as long as possible! As soon as you start to tire your opponent will more than likely find an opportunity to score.
With Ed’s approach you’ll never be out of the match, because you will have tools to dismantle double legs and unwind backside single legs. Learn effective defensive tactics like the crackdown. Stop even the best takedown attempts in their tracks and find a way to turn the tables with Ed’s innovative cradle from the crackdown position.
Defense Made Easy looks to give you the tools to defend even the BEST takedowns as easily as possible. Don’t expend all of your energy on defense, instead save it for your own attacks and turn the tables with Ed Ruth!
Check out the complete defensive masterclass below!
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
- Defensive Intro and Defending Single and High Crotch
- Introduction to Defense From Space
- Head Blocking to Knee Sprawl
- Head Inside Single Baseline Defense
- Head Outside Single - Switch Head Inside
- Defending High Crotch - Crotch Lock Roll
- Defending High Crotch - Beat The Shoulder
- Crackdown Defense - Scoot The Corner
- Crackdown Defense - Cradle
- Defending High Crotch to Re-Attack
- Defending Head Inside Single to Re-Attack
- Defending Single Leg in the Air - Lift Elbows/Foot To Ground
- Defending Single Leg in the Air - Ankle Pick
- Defending Single Leg in the Air - Arm Drag
- Defending Low Single - Fall Off and Kick the Armpit
- Defending Low Single - Step Over
- Defending Low Single - Trap The Head Cradle
- Defending Single Leg When Man Comes Out The Back
- Double Leg Defense
- Baseline Defense
- Jump Over The Top
- Body Lock Roll Through
- Whizzer Kick
- Defending he Rear Standing Position
- Control The Hands, Break The Lock
- Lace The Leg, Break The Lock
- Standing Granby
- Step Behind Peterson
- Bonus: Double Leg - Cartwheel Drill
So, What Does It Cost?