Grappling Takedown Dominance For Grapplers by Brandon Ruiz
Develop An Aggressive, Well-Rounded Game Plan With World Class Wrestler and BJJ Black Belt Brandon Ruiz!
- Dominate from the feet with a grappling specific takedown strategy that keeps you safe from submissions.
- Go directly from takedowns to submission attacks with Brandon’s offensive-oreinted style.
- Cover Ruiz’s insight into the 4 angles of attack for takedown finishes.
- Avoid common takedowns with preemptive defense, and creative counters that put you back in control of the action.
- Learn to attack from the top position when your opponent defends by turtling up
- Ruiz teaches you how to DOMINATE wherever the fight goes!
|Philosophy of Grappling Specific Takedowns||0:32|
|The Master Skill of Grappling: HSH Control & The Four Angles of Attack||4:23|
|Stance: Square Stance - Attack Stance - Wrestling vs Grappling Stances||15:56|
|Footwork: Motion and Geometry of Wrestling||23:31|
|The Power of Initiative: First Contact||30:10|
|Starting Grip: Homebase and 4 Angles of Attack||44:48|
|Arm Drag Details||0|
|4 Angles of Attack: Takedown Finishes||3:17|
|Over the Top Attacks: Front Headlocks||16:01|
|Over the Top Attacks: Standing Chokes||26:48|
|Home Base to Underhook Position and Takedowns||35:42|
|Sword & Shield Position and 4x4 Position to Takedowns||0|
|Takedowns and Finishes to Avoid and Basic Counters||12:37|
|Countering Leg Attacks: Rambo Counter||28:35|
|Countering Single Leg Attacks: Standing Whizzer Grip Breaks||42:56|
|Counters After Being Taken Down||48:37|
|Single Leg Takedown to Leg Locks||56:54|
|Top Underhook: Double Wrist Lock||0|
|Top Underhook: Step Around Arm Lock||4:33|
|Top Underhook: Near Arm Lock||7:05|
|Top Turtle: Double Wrist Lock and Near Wrist Roll to Double Wrist Lock||9:11|
|Top Turtle: Heel Hooks and Breaking Down||18:16|
|Cow Catcher Top Position to Submissions||25:20|
|Cow Catcher Bonus||38:27|
|From Take Down to Finish Demo||46:27|
Grappling Takedown Dominance For Grapplers Takes An Inside Look At How To Dominate From The Feet With Takedowns That Keep You Out Of Submissions!
Check Out The Trailer
What Will You Learn?
Takedown Dominance For Grapplers is designed to make you more dominant from every position you encounter. Brandon Ruiz covers wide range concepts that will help you develop, not only technique but a new grappling mindset. The series will lay out a go-to gameplan for being more aggressive from the feet, and how to transition that dominance to the floor.
Brandon Ruiz on top of his collegiate and international wrestling credentials he is also a 3rd degree BJJ Black Belt under Rigan Machado! His unique experience in the grappling world has helped him craft a specific game plan for grapplers who are looking to dominate from the very start of the match. In his series he breaks down his favorite takedowns and the concepts that drive them. Each takedown is taught in a way that anyone can add to their game, even if they lack wrestling experience! Master multiple setups and variations for multiple takedowns including single legs, arm drags, snapdowns, and MORE!
Every technique is considerate to the threat of submissions. Ruiz keeps you safe with battle tested set ups and entries into some of your favorite takedowns. No more getting stuck in fight-ending guillotines. As an added bonus Ruiz includes some of his favorite takedowns to submission sequences. Shorten your grappling learning curve by using these sequences in your own game today!
Underhook Near Armlock
So What Exactly Do You Get?
- PHILOSOPHY OF GRAPPLING SPECIFIC TAKEDOWNS
- THE MASTER SKILL OF GRAPPLING: HSH CONTROL & THE FOUR ANGLES OF ATTACK
- STANCE: SQUARE STANCE - ATTACK STANCE - WRESTLING VS GRAPPLING STANCES
- FOOTWROK: MOTION AND GEOMETRY OF WRESTLING
- THE POWER OF INITIATIVE: FIRST CONTACT
- STARTING GRIP: HOMEBASE AND 4 ANGLES OF ATTACK
- ARM DRAG DETAILS
- 4 ANGLES OF ATTACK: TAKEDOWN FINISHES
- OVER THE TOP ATTACKS: FRONT HEADLOCKS
- OVER THE TOP ATTACKS: STANDING CHOKES
- HOME BASE TO UNDERHOOK POSITION AND TAKEDOWN
- SWORD & SHIELD POSITION AND 4X4 POSITION TO TAKEDOWNS
- TAKEDOWNS AND FINISHES TO AVOID AND BASIC COUNTERS
- COUNTERING LEG ATTACKS: RAMBO COUNTER
- COUNTERING SINGLE LEG ATTACKS: STANDING WHIZZER GRIP BREAKS
- COUNTERS AFTER BEING TAKEN DOWN
- SINGLE LEG TAKEDOWN TO LEG LOCKS
- TOP UNDERHOOK: DOUBLE WRIST LOCK
- TOP UNDERHOOK: STEP AROUND ARM LOCK
- TOP UNDERHOOK: NEAR ARM LOCK
- TOP TURTLE: DOUBLE WRIST LOCK AND NEAR WRIST ROLL TO DOUBLE WRSIT LOCK
- TOP TURTLE: HEEL HOOKS AND BREAKING DOWN
- COW CATCHER TOP POSITION TO SUBMISSIONS
- COW CATCHER BONUS
- FROM TAKEDOWN TO FINISH DEMO