Old School Judo by Garry St. Leger
garry st legerProfessional Fighter
Garry St. Leger Teaches Old School Judo, Perfect For Modified Rules Judo And Jiu-Jitsu!
- Learn The Lost tactics that have been eradicated from the IJF!
- Old School Judo gives you the “unapproved” techniques that are STILL super effective today.
- Don’t limit yourself to a ruleset, instead become a master of effective and efficient takedowns.
- Gary St Leger uncovers the gritty details to leg grabs & pickups that will get your opponent to the ground.
- Perfect for Jiu-Jitsu athletes looking for high-quality takedowns, and Judo athletes who appreciate the Old School!
|Introduction||0 - 0:35|
|Morote Gari||0:35 - 5:37|
|Te guruma||5:37 - 10:48|
|Turk Ride||10:48 - 14:35|
|Ankle pick kibisu gaeshi right||14:35 - 17:54|
|Ankle pick kibisu gaeshi left||17:54 - 21:47|
|Single leg from collar grip||21:47 - 25:39|
|Demalo||25:39 - 29:26|
|Fireman’s Carry inside leg||29:26 - 34:12|
|Fireman’s Carry outside leg||34:12 - 37:41|
|Tani otoshi weave on||37:41 - 42:12|
|Te guruma > O uchi gari||0 - 5:19|
|Te guruma > sasae tsuri||5:19 - 9:39|
|Drop seionage > ankle pick||9:39 - 13:28|
|Drop seionage > opponent escapes ankle pick to uchi gari||13:28 - 17:46|
|O uchi gari grab pant leg||17:46 - 22:20|
|Tai otoshi whizzer > fireman’s carry||22:20 - 27:49|
|Drop seionage over shoot fireman’s Carry||27:49 - 31:05|
|Single leg > o uchi gari||31:05 - 36:11|
|Single leg > sasae||36:11 - 40:35|
|Outside single > seat belt grip > foot sweep||40:35 - 44:24|
|Outside single > seat belt grip > tani otoshi||44:24 - 48:57|
|Uchimata > spin in front||0 - 4:26|
|Harai goshi > pick up leg foot sweep||4:26 - 8:17|
|Sasae > ankle pick||8:17 - 11:37|
|Poor o Soto > tani otoshi||11:37 - 16:11|
|Poor o Soto > Attacking the supporting leg||16:11 - 21:00|
|Over the top Russian grip > grab leg o uchi gari||21:00 - 25:03|
|Uchi mata > te guruma||25:03 - 28:36|
|Reach for far leg drop seionage||0 - 4:37|
|Pick up near leg (partner shoots leg back) O Goshi||4:37 - 8:04|
|Reach leg > sasae||8:04 - 12:27|
|Pick up leg > o uchi Gari||12:27 - 16:03|
|Outro||16:03 - 16:39|
What Will You Learn?
2013 is the year that leg grabbing techniques became banned from International Judo competition. For many Judoka out there it was a sad day. The rules have catered to specific throws that surely are beautiful as they are tactical, but for Old School aficionado's it took away some of their best weapons. Gary St Leger looks to uncover the unconventional with Old School Judo.
You will learn the unconventional methods to leg grabs and pickups that have been forgotten by a good portion of the martial arts world. Once you are able to threaten with an ankle pick to set up your drop seoi nage you will be HOOKED on Old School Judo. Gary covers a wide array of classic techniques with a fresh coat of paint. He shows you how to keep your opponent guessing by using feints and fakes that your opponent MUST defend.
These techniques are so effective that they had to change the rules. Regardless of how you feel about that, there is no denying the power of a more well-rounded approach to stand up grappling. Whether you are a Jiu-Jitsu person looking to add some quality takedowns, or a Judo player looking to kick it old school, Gary St Leger has the techniques you NEED!
So What’s On This Series?
- DIRECT ATTACKS
- Morote Gari
- Te Guruma
- Turk Ride
- Ankle Pick Kibisu Gaeshi Right
- Ankle Pick Kibisu Gaeshi Left
- Single Leg From Collar Grip
- Fireman's Carry Inside Leg
- Fireman's Carry Outside Leg
- Tani Otoshi Weave On
- COMBINATION OFFENSIVE
- Te Guruma > Ouchi Gari
- Te Guruma > Sasae Tsuri
- Drop Seoinage > Ankle Pick
- Drop Seoinage > Opponents escales Ankle Pick to Ouchi Gari
- Ouchi Gari Grab Pant Leg
- Tai Otoshi Whizzer > Fireman's Carry
- Drop Seoinage Over Shoot Fireman's Carry
- Single Leg > Ouchi Gari
- Single Leg > Sasae
- Outside Single > Seat Belt Grip > Foot Sweep
- Outside Single > Seat Belt Grip > Tani Otoshi
- LEG GRAB COUNTERS
- Uchimata > Spin In Front
- Harai Goshi > Pick Up Leg Foot Sweep
- Sasae > Ankle Pick
- Poor o Soto > Tani Otoshi
- Poor o Soto > Attacking the Supporting Leg
- Over the Top Russian Grip > Grab Leg o Uchi Gari
- Uchi Mata > Te Guruma
- LEG ATTACKS AS FAKES INTO THROWS
- Reach for far Leg Drop Seoinage
- Pick Up Near Leg (Partner Shoots Leg Back) o Goshi
- Reach Leg > Sasae
- Pick Up Leg > Ouchi Gari
So, What Does It Cost?