The Active Open Guard Encyclopedia by Leandro Lo
Leandro LoProfessional Fighter
- Leandro is a multiple-time black belt world champion in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and his open guard is known as efficient, technical, and dangerous.
- Use the X guard to break balance and start launching attacks that work at elite levels of Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- Get a hold on your opponent with these grip fighting strategies that will set up the rest of your game and let you fight your own pace.
- Master some of Leandro’s signature sweeps, including the standing sweep, knees in jail, and the spider X sweep.
|Standing up to single leg||0:40|
|Standing up to back control||4:55|
|Standing up from sleeve control||9:01|
|Standing up from World 2014||14:20|
|Foot on the hips to X-guard||0|
|Spider guard to X-guard||4:54|
|Superman sweep from the X-guard||9:59|
|Single leg from inverted||16:22|
|De La Riva||20:10|
|Knees in jail to sweeps (4 variations)||29:19|
|Sweep with feet on the hips||36:45|
|Collar guard hooking the legs to Spider guard||0|
|Collar guard to X-guard||3:23|
|Defense of the under-over||8:58|
|Escape of the cross leg control||12:54|
|Defense Of The “emborcada”||16:09|
|Defense of the “Toreando”||20:28|
|Pulling guard (3 variations)||24:42|
Attack Aggressively Off Your Back With These Open Guard Techniques And Systems For Sweeps and Submissions From Multiple-Time Black Belt World Champion Leandro Lo!
Check Out The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
Level up your open guard and learn how to combine your attacks into an aggressive and effective system off your back with this three-part series from Leandro Lo. Leandro is a multiple-time black belt world champion in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and one of the best competitors ever.
Now you can learn from his expertise as he shows you his step-by-step method for sweeping, locking up submissions, and more. Combine a technical open guard with a tricky X guard and more to defend against top fighters as you launch your own offense.
From the open guard, use highly effective reversals like single leg sweeps, scissor sweeps, knees in jail, and more. Transition into X guard and set yourself up for tons of techniques to get dominant position, including Leandro’s spider X that he’s used many times at elite levels.
Lastly, learn all the best ways to defend against pressure and movement with Leandro’s guide to guard retention. With tons of set ups, entries, defenses, and offense, this is a full system that you can use for rapid open guard development.
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
- STANDING UP TO SINGLE LEG
- STANDING UP TO BACK CONTROL
- STANDING UP FROM SLEEVE CONTROL
- STANDING UP FROM WORLD 2014
- SCISSOR SWEEP
- FOOT ON THE HIPS TO X-GUARD
- SPIDER GUARD TO X-GUARD
- SUPERMAN SWEEP FROM THE X-GUARD
- SINGLE LEG FROM INVERTED
- DE LA RIVA
- KNEES IN JAIL TO SWEEPS (4 VARIATIONS)
- SWEEP WITH FEET ON THE HIPS
- COLLAR GUARD HOOKING THE LEGS TO SPIDER GUARD
- COLLAR GUARD TO X-GUARD
- DEFENSE OF THE UNDER -OVER
- ESCAPE OF THE CROSS LEG CONTROL
- DEFENSE OF THE "EMBORCADA"
- DEFENSE OF THE "TOREANDO"
- PULLING GUARD (3 VARIATIONS)