The Complete Guide To The Single Leg by Zack Esposito
Zack EspositoProfessional Fighter
- Cover 8 distinct areas of the single leg that cover everything from beginner to advanced tactics.
- Find yourself in perfect position with Zack’s timing-based setups that put you in the ideal spot to finish the single leg.
- Create motion and misdirection to transition directly to DEEP single legs.
- Increase your success rate by mastering variations and finishes to the single leg to secure your points.
- Always find a way to finish your takedown with Zack’s multi-level single leg finishes!
|Penetration Step and Position. Beginner Single Leg Attack Mechanics||1:38|
|Single Penetration Progression||9:52|
|Inside Reach Single Leg Mechanics||15:36|
|Single Leg Grips||21:20|
|Mid Level Finishes. Working to Your Feet||28:23|
|Flank Finish 2||45:22|
|Run the Pipe||49:53|
|Chain Wrestling Finishes||54:15|
|Switch Off to Double||1:03:53|
|High Finishes. Transition to High Finish: Hook and Trip||0|
|Run the Pipe to High Finish||10:23|
|Basic High Finish||15:58|
|Wrist Roll Finish||21:16|
|Sky the Leg Finish||24:19|
|Crack the Knee Finish||28:58|
|Trap the Wrist Finish||33:51|
|Duck to Cradle||38:06|
|Leg on the Outside Finish||40:50|
|Leg on the Outside Finish 2||44:55|
|Building from Your Knees to Your Feet||49:14|
|Mat Finishes. Table the Leg and Switch Off||53:15|
|Evaluating Opponents Defense||59:44|
|Evaluating Opponents Defense 2||1:04:32|
|Evaluating Opponents Defense 3 - Scooping the Heal||1:11:46|
|Hip Lock Position||1:17:05|
|Hip Lock Position 2||1:26:14|
|Shelf the Leg 1||1:31:39|
|Butt & Limp Arm||1:42:22|
|Hip Lock Counterspin||1:48:06|
|Working From Bad Position. Eye in the Bicep Post and Circle||0|
|Changing Off to Double Leg||15:21|
|Changing Off to Double Leg 2||20:26|
|Countering Opponent's Underhook||29:44|
|Submarine Position. Come Up the Middle Traditional Finish||37:05|
|Come Up the Middle Finish With Turk||41:11|
|Come Up the Middle Re-Wrap and Turk Opposite Side||46:16|
|Come Up the Middle Sit to Your Butt||50:07|
|Counter-Attack to Single Leg. Single Leg Downblock to Re-Attack||0|
|High Crotch Downblock to Re-Attack||9:23|
|Single Leg Setups. Wrist Control Setups||14:38|
|Inside Tie and Wrist||29:54|
|Inside Tie and Collar||36:25|
|Elbow Tie Setup||41:49|
|Elbow Tie Setup 2||49:38|
Get In DEEP On The Single Leg With Oklahoma State Coach Zack Esposito’s Complete Guide To One Of The Most Effective Takedowns In The Sport Of Wrestling!
What Will You Learn?
The Single Leg takedown is one of the most common takedowns in the sport of wrestling. This classic technique can be seen used in a wrestler's very first match all the way to the Olympic stage. It is the one of the most adaptable and effective techniques that ANY wrestler can have in their arsenal. The Complete Guide To The Single Leg is a 4-part series completely dedicated to mastering this staple technique from NCAA Champion and Oklahoma State Coach Zack Esposito!
Finish Your Takedowns Every Time With Systematic Technique
Zack Esposito was a former NCAA D-1 champion at 149 pounds and was a starting member of FOUR consecutive NCAA Championship teams at Oklahoma State University. After his competitive career he began assisting his Alma Mater as an assistant Coach and eventually made his way to Associate Head Coach of the storied university. It’s safe to say between Zack’s competitive chops and coaching experience he knows a thing or two about how to execute a SOLID Single Leg!
Go Feet To Back With Tricky Combos!
The Single Leg is a versatile attack that wrestlers of ALL shapes, sizes, and experience can add to their arsenal. You don’t need to be a freak athlete or possess Herculean strength to become effective at the single leg. Instead much of the success of the Single Leg is determined by your setups and finishing technique.
The thing about the Single Leg is EVERY wrestler has experience defending it. Coach Esposito looks to give you a way to finish the Single Leg regardless of how your opponent defends. The first TWO parts of the series is focused around fine tuned finishes that will ensure you earn your points!
The Complete Guide To The Single Leg provides a complete blueprint for a high quality Single Leg. This includes fighting out of bad positions, counter attacks, and setups. If you are looking for a DEEP DIVE into the details of this classic takedown Zack Esposito has you covered! Check out the complete technique list below!
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
- PENETRATION STEP AND POSITION
- BEGINNER SINGLE LEG ATTACK MECHANICS
- SINGLE PENETRATION PROGRESSION
- INSIDE REACH SINGLE LEG MECHANICS
- SINGLE LEG GRIPS
- MID LEVEL FINISHES
- WORKING TO YOUR FEET
- FLANK FINISH
- FLANK FINISH 2
- RUN THE PIPE
- CHAIN WRESTLING FINISHES
- BACKSIDE FINISH
- SWITCH OFF TO DOUBLE
- HIGH FINISHES
- TRANSITION TO HIGH FINISH: HOOK AND TRIP
- RUN THE PIPE TO HIGH FINISH
- BASIC HIGH FINISH
- WRIST ROLL FINISH
- SKY LEG FINISH
- CRACK THE KNEE FINISH
- TRAP THE WRIST FINISH
- DUCK TO CRADLE
- LEG ON THE OUTSIDE FINISH
- LEG ON THE OUTSIDE FINISH 2
- BUILDING FROM YOUR KNEES TO YOUR FEET
- MAT FINISHES
- TABLE THE LEG AND SWITCH OFF
- EVALUATING OPPONENT’S DEFENSE
- EVALUATING OPPONENT’S DEFENSE 2
- EVALUATING OPPONENT DEFENSE 3 - SCOOPING THE HEEL
- HIP LOCK POSITION
- HIP LOCK POSITION 2
- SHELF THE LEG 1
- BUTT & LIMP ARM
- HIP LOCK COUNTERSPIN
- WORKING FROM BAD POSITION
- EYE IN THE BICEP POST AND CIRCLE
- CHANGING OFF TO DOUBLE LEG
- CHANGING OFF TO DOUBLE LEG 2
- HEAD WHEEL
- COUNTERING OPPONENT’S UNDERHOOK
- SUBMARINE POSITION
- COME UP THE MIDDLE TRADITIONAL FINISH
- COME UP THE MIDDLE FINISH WITH TURK
- COME UP THE MIDDLE RE-WRAP AND TURK OPPOSITE SIDE
- COME UP THE MIDDLE SIT TO YOUR BUTT
- COUNTER-ATTACK TO SINGLE LEG
- SINGLE LEG DOWNBLOCK TO RE-ATTACK
- HIGH CROTCH DOWNBLOCK TO RE-ATTACK
- SINGLE LEG SETUPS
- WRIST CONTROL SETUPS
- INSIDE TIE AND WRIST
- INSIDE TIE AND COLLAR
- ELBOW TIE SETUP
- ELBOW TIE SETUP 2
- ELBOW PASS
So, What Does It Cost?