The Pillars Clinch and Takedowns by Stephen Whittier
From Instructor Stephen Whittier:
Attention: 40+ Grapplers who want to improve their standup grappling, but struggle with the attribute-based methods most teach that cater to young, experienced wrestlers or judokas...
Many a 40+ grapplers suffer from the misconception that training the clinch and takedowns is really hard on the body and way more dangerous to practice than ground techniques.
But nothing could be further from the truth…. If you have the right approach!
"Not what's most basic, but what's most important"...
How did I come up with this approach?
Well, just like I always preach when it comes to other areas of Jiu-Jitsu skill development, it’s all about having a deep focus and understanding of the fundamentals. And remember, if you’re familiar with my work you know that I differentiate between fundamentals and “basics”. To borrow a phrase from Matt Thornton, fundamentals are "not what’s most basic, but what's most important"!
In other words, fundamentals don’t just refer to “basic techniques”, but to the most important physical principles and concepts that make all grappling work at a high level…
Principles like: posture, connection, base and weight distribution, angles and lines of force, etc. When you can develop these, you’ll not only learn any techniques you learn much faster, you’ll also notice that you get WAY better results with far less effort.
Let me give you a quick background on my own experience. ..
My first real grappling experience was Jiu-Jitsu – no wresting background, no Judo.
And like most people in the very beginning I spent at least 90% of my grappling time on the ground game, with the other 10% being standup BJJ self-defense techniques.
But my very first day of doing vale tudo (early MMA) training, two things very quickly became clear….
So I took a couple years and really focused on learning the fundamentals of the standup game, with a focus on: The Clinch!
Why? Because so many Jiu-Jitsu students who try to get better at standup grappling try to learn the game like a competitive freestyle wrestler with many years’ experience. As a result, very few have those physical attributes to set up wrestling shots and takedowns from the outside, so they get pancaked on the mat and injured!
With the clinch as your standup grappling base, however, you can learn to control and take down opponents much more effectively – and efficiently!
Well, over the years I have been able to help many Jiu-Jitsu students as well as amateur and professional MMA fighters to improve their skills. And MANY times, my understanding of the deeper mechanical principles I mentioned has allowed me to dramatically improve the technique of even highly experienced wrestlers – often in just one coaching session!
So after tons of requests over the years, I thought it was high time I made this information available to you as well. And if you're a Jiu-Jitsu or grappling student who wants to develop a strong clinch and takedown skill set, then THIS is exactly what you're looking for.
And what makes this even better? Now you never have to worry about traditional methods and techniques that require a high level of athleticism (and often many years of experience) to work against resisting opponents again! Which also means you're not stuck feeling like you'll always shy away from building a high-performance skill set in this critical aspect of the game.
And best of all...
You'll start seeing results with "The Pillars of Jiu-Jitsu: Clinch & Takedowns" IMMEDIATELY – all for less than most black belts charge for a single private lesson!
I'm super confident that The Pillars of Jiu-Jitsu: Clinch & Takedowns from 40 Plus BJJ holds the key to your success with standup grappling.
Now all YOU need to do is decide to take action and start learning these crucial fundamentals and principles today!
But one word of warning:
As always, this brand new course is available for a VERY LIMITED TIME, only for those who are ready to make a decision and begin implementing these skills into their games right away! (And as an extra incentive to get off the fence, I'm even taking $50 off the regular price for those who do!) So just choose either option below (DVD or Digital format).
I look forward to helping you take your standup grappling game to new heights!