The Single Leg Takedown Encyclopedia by Dan Vallimont
Dan VallimontProfessional Fighter
2-Time All-American Dan Vallimont Shares His Best Setups, Finishes, Variations, Drills And More For One Of The Most Effective Takedowns In Wrestling, The Single Leg!
- Learn over 15 different setups for the single leg that will give you ample opportunities to attack with this classic technique.
- 2x All-American Dan Vallimont shares several drills that will have you smoothing out your single leg setups, entries, and finishes.
- Whether you like to wrestle from the outside or making contact first, The Single Leg Encyclopedia provides the game plan.
- Looking for a secure way to finish the single leg? Dan Has you covered, with over a DOZEN different methods to deal with both standing and on the mat defense!
- Find a way to finish wherever the match goes!
|Single leg mechanics||1:47|
|Knee Pound Drill||8:48|
|Shoot and Lift Drill||13:18|
|Setup 1 side step, level change, pull - Inside Tie||17:13|
|Setup 2 side step, level change, pull Collar Tie||25:14|
|Setup 3 side step, level change, pull Underhook||29:13|
|Setup 4 side step, level change, Pull 2 on 1 Defense||33:39|
|Setup 5 Elbow up, Man Squares up||39:41|
|Setup 6 Push Elbow||47:00|
|Setup 7 Wrist Control / Drag||0|
|Setup 8 Wrist Control / Drag 2 Over-tie||5:12|
|Setup 9 Left Collar Rotate the Head to Short Drag||10:11|
|Setup 10 Fighting for Inside Tie||15:29|
|Setup 11 Outside Control Inside Reach||23:16|
|Setup 12 Underhook Inside Reach||27:38|
|Setup 13 Baseball Bat pull||31:39|
|Setup 14 2 on 1||37:17|
|Setup 15 Underhook Throwby||44:02|
|Setup 16 Over Collar Tie to Pass by Single||48:14|
|Setup 17 Fake High Crotch - Drive Single||53:27|
|Single Leg Finishes on the Feet. Drive up - Back Trip||0|
|Drive up - Punch and Trip||6:54|
|Drive up - Golf Swing||10:49|
|Drive up - Tree Top||15:27|
|Drive up - Duck and Cradle||19:27|
|Drive up - Turn Knee Down (Back Trip if Man Comes Back Up)||22:49|
|Hand Inside Thigh - Circle Backwards||28:38|
|Leg on Outside Turn Down Knee and Move Inside||31:40|
|Leg Outside Club and Back Trip / Chain Wrestle Turn Down Knee and Back Trip||35:55|
|Leg Between - Run the Pipe||39:26|
|Single Leg Finishes on the Mat. Lock Out Arms and Circle||0|
|Intro to the Whizzer and Seatbelt Positions||5:25|
|Split the legs Table, Chase Down far Leg||8:41|
|Split the legs to Limp Arm from seatbelt position||13:32|
|Split the legs Seatbelt to Table the Leg||22:23|
|Can’t Split the Legs Seatbelt to Body Lock||27:36|
|Regain Head Position Table Leg Outside||32:01|
|Head Underneath - Limp Arm||38:25|
|Come out the back door||45:19|
|Freestyle Pushout drill||52:07|
2-Time All-American Wrestler Dan Vallimont Shares His Best Setups, Finishes, Variations, Drills And More For One Of The Most Effective Takedowns In Wrestling, The Single Leg!
The Single Leg Encyclopedia is a 4-part series where 2-Time All-American Dan Vallimont Breaks Down His Favorite Setups, Finishes, Drills, and MORE!
What Will You Learn?
Dan Vallimont is here to bring you another top tier instructional, this time he shares his best single leg setups, finishes, variations, and more in The Single Leg Encyclopedia. This 4-part series brings you drills that will help you build muscle memory for crucial single leg concepts, over 15 single leg setups, and over a dozen ways to handle your opponent’s defense! Upgrade your single leg to compete with the best with The Single Leg Encyclopedia!
Score and Win With This High Percentage Offense
The Single Leg is one of the most common and efficient takedowns in ALL of wrestling. It is one that you will see across all age groups and experience levels. As good as the single leg is, the defensive techniques have seen quite a bit of evolution over time. Dan Vallimont looks to give you his favorite strategies on hitting the single leg and securing a finish regardless of how they defend.
Wrestle and Combine Your Attacks For Maximum Success
The Single Leg Encyclopedia covers how to finish the single leg from a standing position AND on the mat. However, your opponent chooses to defend Dan has you covered with consistent techniques to secure your points. Defuse your opponent’s defense at every turn!
To be successful with the single leg you MUST have top-notch setups. Since the single leg is so common, many wrestlers have developed a keen sense of awareness of the single leg. Dan helps you develop surefire methods to get in deep on the leg and secure a finish. Whether you prefer to wrestle from the outside or make contact first, Dan covers unique setups that will catch your opponent by surprise. Check out the technique list below!
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
- SINGLE LEG MECHANICS
- KNEE POUND DRILL
- SHOOT AND LIFT DRILL
- SETUP 1 SIDE STEP, LEVEL CHANGE, PULL INSIDE TIE
- SETUP 2 SIDE STEP, LEVEL CHANGE, PULL COLLAR TIE
- SETUP 3 SIDE STEP, LEVEL CHANGE, PULL UNDERHOOK
- SETUP 4 SIDE STEP, LEVEL CHANGE, PULL 2 ON 1 DEFENSE
- SETUP 5 ELBOW UP, MAN SQUARES UP
- SETUP 6 PUSH ELBOW
- SETUP 7 WRIST CONTROL / DRAG
- SETUP 8 WRIST CONTROL / DRAG 2 OVER-TIE
- SETUP 9 LEFT COLLAR ROTATE THE HEAD TO SHORT DRAG
- SETUP 10 FIGHTING FOR INSIDE TIE
- SETUP 11 OUTSIDE CONTROL INSIDE REACH
- SETUP 12 UNDERHOOK INSIDE REACH
- SETUP 13 BASEBALL BAT PULL
- SETUP 14 2 ON 1
- SETUP 15 UNDERHOOK THROWBY
- SETUP 16 OVER COLLAR TIE TO PASS BY SINGLE
- SETUP 17 FAKE HIGH CROTCH - DRIVE SINGLE
- SINGLE LEG FINISHES ON THE FEET
- DRIVE UP - BACK TRIP
- DRIVE UP - PUNCH AND TRIP
- DRIVE UP - GOLF SWING
- DRIVE UP - TREE TOP
- DRIVE UP - DUCK AND CRADLE
- DRIVE UP - TURN KNEE DOWN (BACK TRIP IF MAN COMES BACK UP)
- HAND INSIDE THIGH - CIRCLE BACKWARDS
- LEG ON THE OUTSIDE TURN DOWN KNEE AND MOVE INSIDE
- LEG OUTSIDE CLUB AND BACK TRIP / CHAIN WRESTLE TURN DOWN KNEE AND BACK TRIP
- LEG BETWEEN - RUN THE PIPE
- SINGLE LEG FINISHES ON THE MAT
- LOCK OUT ARMS AND CIRCLE
- INTRO TO THE WHIZZER AND SEATBELT POSITIONS
- SPLIT THE LEGS TABLE, CHASE DOWN FAR LEG
- SPLIT THE LEGS TO LIMP ARM FROM SEATBELT POSITION
- SPLIT THE LEGS TO LIMP ARM FROM SEATBELT POSITION
- SPLIT THE LEGS SEATBELT TO TABLE THE LEG
- CAN’T SPLIT THE LEGS SEATBELT TO BODY LOCK
- REGAIN HEAD POSITION TABLE LEG OUTSIDE
- HEAD UNDERNEATH - LIMP ARM
- COME OUT THE BACK DOOR
- FREESTYLE PUSHOUT DRILL
So, What Does It Cost?