Understanding The Distance From Guard by Gui Mendes
gui mendesProfessional Fighter
- Gui Mendes is one of BJJ’s most respected black belts, with 4 world championships at black belt and tons of elite students at his academy Art Of Jiu-Jitsu.
- Get real, useable lessons from Gui breaking down his own rolling, so he can narrate how he is implementing these movements and ideas.
- Work from near distance, middle distance, and far distance, with specific and detailed lessons around what makes each unique and what you need to know.
- Play from classic positions like the collar & sleeve open guard where you can begin launching attacks and defending your guard with more knowledge than ever.
- This series can help grapplers of all levels and styles connect positions and techniques with more focus, strategy, and efficiency than ever.
|Framing the Guard||6:07|
|Breaking the Posture||22:50|
|Making the Opponent Post||27:01|
|Using the Knees to Beat the Arms||32:42|
|Crossing the Center Line||39:05|
|Underhooking the Shoulders||43:33|
|Chaining Attacks from Triangle||49:25|
|Chaining Techniques from the Choke||56:50|
|Ducking under the Arm||1:04:05|
|Grabbing the Belt||1:09:48|
|Framing with Head, Shoulders & Hips||1:15:38|
|De La Riva Guard Retention||2:25|
|De La Riva to Single Leg X Stand Up||7:48|
|Countering Opponent Opening Knee||13:43|
|Toehold & Kneebar from De La Riva||19:44|
|Framing the Reverse De La Riva||26:40|
|X-Guard From Reverse De La Riva||33:13|
|Countering the Over/Under Pass||36:39|
|Reverse De La Riva Attacking Arms||43:01|
|Reframing the Guard||49:58|
|Collar & Sleeve Retention||2:14|
|Collar & Sleeve Triangle||7:26|
|Collar & Sleeve Omoplata||18:54|
|Collar & Sleeve Head Catching||31:28|
|Collar Grip Retention||36:46|
|Collar Grip to Ankle Pick||49:55|
|Collar Grip Head Catching||55:04|
|Collar Grip to X-Guard||59:42|
|Collar Grip to Armbar||1:03:02|
|Sparring Analysis. Sequence 01||0|
Learn The Innovative, Effective Guard Play Concepts That Will Transform Your Bottom Game, Taught By One Of The Most Technical and Detailed Grapplers & Instructors Ever - Multiple-Time Black Belt World Champion & AOJ Founder Gui Mendes
Checkout The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
Start supercharging your bottom game with one of the best instructors in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, as Gui Mendes shows you how to control and manage distance from bottom to create the best guard game possible. With strategies, concepts, and techniques broken down in extreme detail, you’ll be able to start attacking off your back with more confidence and more effectiveness than ever.
Gui Mendes is one of the most influential BJJ athletes and instructors ever, with a fluid and technical style that helped lead a new style of innovative and effective gi grappling. With four world championships at black belt, he now leads his next generation of gold medalist students at the Art of Jiu-Jitsu. The Mendes Brothers changed game.
Learn the hidden conceptual grappling behind the distance you must manage from guard, with Gui’s helpful advice on how to play from the near, middle, and far positions. Combine strong guard retention and framing tools with proven guards like De La Riva, Reverse De La Riva, collar & sleeve, and more.
These lessons aren’t just a collection of moves, this is deep knowledge that connects your jiu-jitsu and lets you flow from space to space. Use Guilherme Mendes sparring analysis to see these important details in action as he shows you what it should look like in action as he takes on his own students and breaks down the footage.