Fujiwara's Sub-Mission Master Expanded Deluxe 3 DVD set
Learn the 75 different ways how Sub-Mission Master by Yoshiaki "Kumicho" Fujiwara can give YOU the equivalent of a "Masters Degree" in Submission Grappling!!
If you have never seen this material (originally produced back the same year as the very first UFC, in 1994!!), it will open your eyes to submission grappling like few instructionals ever have before. If you've been into MMA as long as I have, just imagine how different your ground game would have been if you had watched these tapes way back then! They are so good that they are STILL light years ahead of almost every other instructional out there today.
When I asked Mr. Fujiwara to re-issue these, there was LITERALLY only one complete set in existence (yes, all ten tapes) gathering dust at Mr. Fujiwara's office in Japan. I have been able to put all ten tapes onto 2 DVDs and re-release them to a whole new generation of grapplers.
Now you can learn from the man at the VERY top of the list recommended to me personally by the "God of Wrestling" Karl Gotch for legitimate Catch Style Submission Grappling instruction. Mr. Gotch calls Fujiwara his best student. Period.
This set is long out of print and often referred to as "The Holy Grail of Submission Grappling". It has been brought back in its entirety in the original Japanese language (don't worry there are plenty of diagrams used so even the simplest of minds could follow it!).
Just to give you an idea of Fujiwara's influence and pedigree:
Fujiwara's training partners:
- Nobuhiko Takada (Takada Dojo founder and PRIDE booker)
- Akira Maeda (Fighting Network RINGS founder)
- Satoru Sayama (SHOOTO founder)
- Antonio Inoki (the professional wrestler famous for the mixed match with Muhammad Ali)
Some of Fujiwara's better known students:
- Ken Shamrock (If you don't know who he is, you probably shouldn't be reading this)
- Masakatsu Funaki (he taught the legendary Frank Shamrock)
- Minoru Suzuki
- Yoshiki Takahashi
- Takaku Fuke
- Ryushi Yanagisawa (all founding members of Hybrid Wrestling PANCRASE)
- Yuki Ishikawa
- Katsumi Usuda
- Alexander "Diet Butcher" Otsuka (all former PRIDE competitors)
- Bart Vale
and many others!
Here is a taste of what to expect on DVD 1:
1) Applying shin locks with the elbows and knees
2) Inside and outside Achilles locks (from standing and the ground)
3) Transition to heel hook
4) Simple escapes and reversals from leg locks
5) The near side inside toe-hold
Catch Wrestling Conditioning 1
6) Hindu squats the Karl Gotch way, fully demonstrated from multiple angles.
7) Jump squats
8) Transitions from shinlock with the elbow to toe holds
9) Step-over toe-hold variations
10) Rough & tumble and gouging set-ups for toe-holds
11) Toe-hold variations when someone has your back with hooks in.
12) A clever set-up to a toe-hold from the side-double wristlock (this one is nasty!)
13) Toe-holds from leg rides
14) Introduction to knee bars
15) a BRUTAL reverse banana-split submission
Catch Wrestling Conditioning 2
16) Hindu push-ups
17) Twisting push-ups
18) Scorpion push-ups
19) Diamond push-ups
20) Chair exercises
21) Brief overview of the bio-mechanics of the arm joints.
22) The proper way to apply the bread & butter hold of catch wrestling, the side double wrist lock (hint: grab the hand, NOT the wrist)
23) How to set-up the DWL by "walking" over to it
24) How to turn a useless top-wrist lock into a CRUEL shoulder lock.
25) A DWL that you can secure with only two-fingers!
26) Armbar from the head and arm (scarf hold)
27) Gouging and rough & tumble set-ups
28) A simple reversal out of a DWL into a hammerlock
Catch Wrestling Conditioning 3
29) Attacks the abdominals and core from a variety of angles
30) Tight wristlock set up into a straight arm-bar
31) "Turking" to apply armbars with your legs!
32) Really mean reverse armbars
33) How to turn your opponent's single leg takedown attempt into a reverse armbar, neck crank, etc. with the sprawl and spin maneuver.
34) Head & arm submissions and a simple way to bride out of the head & arm.
Catch Wrestling Conditioning 4
35) Arms, different ways to strengthen the arms
36) A very technical look at the triangle choke plus a variety of innovative set-ups
37) Also, many other tips to make your no-gi chokes more effective and tight.
Catch Wrestling Conditioning 5
38) 4 easy, do-them-anywhere, neck exercises. Bridging and wall-walking too.
39) Crossfacing and neck cranks using your entire body to generate force.
40) Gouges to set up neck-cranks (even neck cranks using the legs!)
All this, plus there are animated diagrams showing the force vectors and pressure points to use and more! As you can see, it would take quite some while for a sincere student to master just the material presented on DVD 1. There are not many DVD courses out there with the SHEER amount of information you will find in the Sub-Mission Master DVD course by Prof. Fujiwara.
This is truly a BARGAIN for this exceptional and NEARLY LOST information, especially when you look at the quality of the other material entering the market these days! Get it, before your training partners do...
DVD #2 is for the more advanced student.
Here is a sample of the menu to choose from on the ADVANCED course (DVD #2):
41) How to maim a turtled opponent with toe holds, unique Achilles locks, cross faces, even your chin!
42) How to blanket ride and make your opponent carry your weight
43) Rough & Tumble and gouging tricks to force your opponent to open themselves up to submissions
44) Choke, cranks, and strangle variations
45) How to turn a simple cradle into an excruciating submission
46) Nail the toe-hold from the ball & chain ride
47) A clinic on toe-holds
48) the INFAMOUS oil-check (yes, I think it was revealed on video here first)
Catch Wrestling Conditioning 6
50) Shrimping (forward and reverse)
51) The Gotch Bible
Advanced II (lots of chaining work here)
52) How to ride your opponent and make them carry your weight when you are crossbody
53) A simple method to counter a strong bridger when you have the mount
54) How to use your chin & knuckles for submission from north & south (and lots more gouging and rough & tumble tactics)
55) Wrist flex to shoulder lock to straight armbar chain
56) Double wrist lock to wrist flex to armbar chain
57) How to apply the achilles lock so that your opponent cannot stand up on you to counter
Catch Wrestling Conditioning 7
59) Sprawling drills
60) Escape from the quarter nelson
61) Counter your opponent when they have a single leg on you on the ground
63) Reversal when your opponent has a bodylock on you on the ground
64) Tricks to break your opponents grip
65) More escapes and reversals!
Catch Wrestling Conditioning 8
66) Rolls and falls (including pro-wrestling's "bump" method for absorbing the shocks from falling by distributing the energy over a larger surface area, substantially different than judo break-falls)
68) Proper stance
69) Blocking kicks
70) A novel double wristlock takedown (hint: not the one you've seen Karo or Sakuraba do)
Catch Wrestling Conditioning 9
72) Rope skipping
73) Wheel-barrel push-ups
74) Indian Club Swinging
75) There is also footage from both Japanese strong-style pro-wrestling and competitive shoot wrestling matches at the end.
DVD #3 is the entire 2006 Submission Master Clinic starring Fujiwara with Dick Cardinal!
On the weekend of February 22nd, 2006 Scientific Wrestling flew in submission master Yoshiaki Fujiwara and legendary carnival hook wrestler Dick Cardinal for a Scientific Wrestling summit of sorts in Los Angeles.
There was also the added bonus of having Mr. Yuki Ishikawa (PWFG wrestler, Pride fighter and BattleArts owner) along to help with training.
Dick Cardinal is an amateur wrestling champion, a renowned carnival wrestler hailing from the Pacific North-West, and frequent workout partner of the feared Scientific Wrestler Ben Sherman.
-An exhibition match between Fujiwara and Ishikawa
-a variation of the standard triangle choke
-Crooked head scissor to arm bar
-leg submissions, set ups and techniques
-escape from the body scissor
-cross face to neck crank
-scarf hold neck crank
-three basic arm locks
-unusual escape using armbar from bottom
-a killer cradle submission to use when someone puts you in their guard
-crossed ankle submission
-adding a "twist" to the knee bar
-assorted set ups, counters, and submissions
-a Fujiwara lockflow
-The infamous Oil Check
Here's a partial list of Mr. Cardinal's material:
-Front face lock
-Some mental aspects of wrestling
-the double wristlock
-a little known hammerlock set-up and submission
-a takedown straight to the head and arm position
-the Westpoint Ride (another gem that you've likely NEVER seen before)
-Chicken wing to key lock submission
-The full nelson stockade
Finally, there is also a lengthy Q & A section too where the participants quiz Mr. Fujiwara for solutions to particular problems.
Mr. Fujiwara and Mr. Ishikawa took time to help every single participant and with this bonus feature, you can know what it is actually like to attend a Scientific Wrestling seminar!