Daily Deal Offer: Limited Time Only! You Won't See A Price This Low Again!
UFC's Rachael Ostovich Attacked
Exploring domestic violence in WMMA, Jiu Jitsu and society...
There is a common dynamic in both WMMA and Jiu Jitsu communities of fighters being coached and managed by husbands or boyfriends. For some this is an exceptional relationship. For others, these men are the lowest scum and the relationships often end in the worst possible way. Andrea Lee and Rachael Ostovich are two recent examples.
Rachael Ostovich is familiar to many in the grappling community. She has four wins via submission. One of these wins is counted as an exhibition bout since it happened on the Ultimate Fighter TV show. Ostovich is a UFC flyweight and cast member of The Ultimate Fighter 27. She was scheduled to fight Paige VanZant on UFC’s card January 19th
The Honolulu Police Department spokesperson, Sarah Yoro, confirmed that they opened an investigation on “27-year-old female victim and a 27-year-old male suspect,” She also confirmed that “The victim suffered head injuries and was treated at a hospital.” Sources have confirmed the female victim is Rachael Ostovich. The police consider Arnold Berdon, who some alleged as the husband, as a suspect.
Domestic violence is not only a problem in MMA but an epidemic nationwide. Here are some statistics on domestic violence:
Change your body and BJJ with this program! Click Learn More!
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been victims of [some form of] physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men have been victims of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
- 1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 men have been stalked by an intimate partner during their lifetime to the point in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.
- On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Rachael and everyone who is a victim of domestic violence.
If you want a simple, easy to follow approach to diet and conditioning, take advantage of ADCC and UFC veteran Tom DeBlass' expertise that he shares in this 12 Weeks to Ripped program. You are literally 3 months away from being in the best shape of your life! Get your copy here at BJJ Fanatics!