Lachlan Giles is one of the preeminent black belt competitors from Australia. He is head coach at Absolute MMA and has been instrumental in the development of such standout athletes as Craig Jones and Livia Gluchowska. He is well known as a highly technical coach and instructor and also holds a PhD in physiotherapy.
- ADCC Asia & Oceania Trials Champion (2015/2017)
- IBJJF Pan Pacific Champion (2016--Weight and Absolute/2017--Weight and Absolute)
- IBJJF Pan Pacific No-Gi Champion (2016--Weight and Absolute/2017--Weight and Absolute)
- UAEJJF Continental Pro Champion (2018)
- Boa Super 8 1st Edition 2nd Place (2015)
- Boa Super 8 2nd Edition 2nd Place (2015)
- UAEJJF Grand Slam Abu Dhabi 2nd Place (2018)
- IBJJF World No-Gi Championship 3rd Place (2017)
- EBI 5 3rd Place (2015)
Amongst Lachlan's achievements should be noted the development of Craig Jones and his rocketing career that saw him go from a purple belt barely two years ago to a competitor on the highest levels stunning audiences and experts at the ADCC World Championships last year and most recently defeating Keenan Cornelius in the Polaris promotion.
Lachlan Giles Instructional Videos
High Percentage Chokes: No Gi
In his first instructional from BJJ Fanatics, Lachlan Giles focused on his favorite No Gi choke submissions. You can get all of the techniques that have made him one of the foremost grapplers coming out of Australia.
The Half Guard Anthology
In this, his most recent instructional, Lachlan opens up his guard playbook to share his complete Half Guard game.
Notable Techniques: Ten Finger Guillotine
In this video, Lachlan shares a powerful Ten finger guillotine technique that will have you submitting your training partners and opponents in no time.
In this behind the scenes match during an Absolute MMA competition class, we see Lachlan Giles and the inimitable Kit Dale rolling. This video is actually narrated by Kit. Enjoy the commentary and the insight into their training.
Did you enjoy this piece about Lachlan Gile? Then consider checking other fighters:
Feel free to check other instructional videos by Lachlan Giles: