Daily Deal Offer: Limited Time Only! You Won't See A Price This Low Again!
How To Re-hydrate After A Weight Cut For A BJJ Tournament
Any level of dehydration does some damage, but since we did it the smart way, we minimized it
• Dehydration of organs and tissue, including the brain • Electrolyte deficiency due to sweating
• Glycogen depletion from liver, muscle, and brain
• Start of muscle catabolism from amino depletion
The Remedy (if weighing in immediately before fight)
You should have the following ready-made in a 32 ounce bottle: • 100 grams of carb supplement (Karbolyn)
• 7 grams of BCAA powder
• Electrolyte replacement supplement (Xtend)
Drink HALF of this IMMEDIATELY after weigh-in, then sip on the rest as needed
* For Tournaments or 2-day events that require weigh-in both days, you will need to do a combination of the above. You are usually safe eating a good meal after competing day 1, but monitor your weight. You should safely be able to sweat out or metabolize about 1-3% of your weight in just a couple hours.
The Remedy (if weighing in the day before or several hours before fight)
Immediately after weigh-in
• Glycogen refuel: 36 oz sugary juice (grape juice) or carbohydrate supplement (Karbolyn) • Electrolyte re-balance: minimum of 48 oz gatorade or electrolyte supplement
• Anabolic re-start: Protein shake or BCAA pills/powder
• Continue drinking water mixed with high sugar juice (about 50/50) for about an hour
• Eat high-sodium meal
- Rehydrate: 24oz. water for each pound lost the last 24 hours
- Continue glycogen refuel: (aprox. 100 grams carbs per pound lost since carb cut-out. 10 lbs = 1000
grams (4000 calories.) More is ok
- Continue Amino load: 1 gram protein per pound of Lean Body Mass (aprox.) More is ok.